"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act, making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday." ~Psalm 37:5-6

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Blog Has Arrived!

As promised, I have developed a blog to keep everyone updated on how my life is going in the Peace Corps. The time is flying by and soon I will be halfway across the world, living in the smallest country in mainland Africa: The Gambia. In just 5 days (January 4th) I will be leaving Iowa and arriving in Chicago for "staging". There I will meet my fellow Gambian Peace Corps volunteers, complete paperwork, and receive immunizations. Two days later I will arrive in Banjul, The Gambia and begin my 3 months of pre-service training (PST) which will include language learning, health training, cultural lessons, and much more. But don't worry, I'll keep you updated on life as it plays out.

For now, welcome to my blog!

Dawn

4 comments:

  1. oh goody! i am so excited (plus i will be imitating your blog when I arrive in Bolivia-- nice set up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAWN! I'm so glad you set up your blog so everyone can know what is going on in and through your life. May God be with you in every aspect of your life. May God be seen in every aspect of your life also!

    Praying for you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Dawn! Glad that you got the blog set up. I'll forward the link to Megan and Mandy so they can post it on the LLU Peace Corps web site. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dawn, thanks for the link..Sorry that it took me awhile to reply back, i've been w/o a computer till now, but anyways..I really missed you & so does the other roomies. I hope you've adjusted well over there. & i'll continuously keep you in my prayers.
    I love you.
    <3 Danielle ^_^

    ReplyDelete