Super quick!
I safely arrived in Banjul, The Gambia last Wednesday.
Since arriving our group of 30 (both health as well as environmental volunteers) have received immunizations, language and culture lessons, as well as a trip to the reptile farm to learn to identify the poisonous snakes.
Tomorrow each of us leaves to our Training Village where we will live with host families, have intense language learning sessions, and probably much more that I do not know about. We will be in each of these villages until March when we become official Peace Corps Volunteers.
We have received cell phones which will make texting each other GREAT!
Well, I'm out of time. Don't know how often will have internet. Thank you all for the prayers. God is good. We're all mostly healthy! PRAISE GOD!
Until next time (when I'm sure I'll have more to say)
Oh Dawn I miss you! I have so much to tell you! Can you text the states? Praying for you as you start homestay...
ReplyDeletePeace,
Kate
The reptile farm sounds GREAT!! :P Glad to hear you made it there safely!
ReplyDeleteYes, people can call and text me. But it's expensive for you all... I can receive for free.
ReplyDelete220-796-8423
Is your Skype working??
ReplyDelete